UPDATE 6 January
Following the Government announcement on 4 January, we understand that people’s travel plans will be changing. To reflect this, some ticket terms & conditions for refunding tickets or changing journeys are different to usual.
Advance tickets purchased before the announcement on 4 January: The date and time of travel may be without paying a fee or a refund in rail vouchers only claimed instead.
Advance tickets purchased after the announcement: Will not be eligible for this relaxation of the change of journey fee or refund in rail vouchers. However a change of journey may be made and normal rules and fees will apply.
Anytime, Off-Peak, Super Off-Peak tickets: Customers holding these tickets may change their journey to travel at a different time. The difference is fare will need to paid. Customers who purchased through southwesternrailway.com should request a refund and rebook.
Christmas travel plans
Arrangements for customers who booked their ticket on or after 24 November to travel between 23-27 December - Anytime, Off-Peak (including Super Off-Peak) and Advance tickets:
Advance tickets are not refundable outside of the above arrangements. For further information please see our detailed section below.
- Off-Peak, Super Off-Peak or Anytime tickets: you can apply for a refund on an unused ticket free of charge. Alternatively, you can change your ticket to travel at a later date, free of charge.
- Outside of these dates, customers using an Off-Peak, Super Off-Peak or Anytime ticket can apply for a refund on an unused ticket and the usual £10 admin fee will apply. Alternatively, you can change your ticket to travel at a later date, free of charge.
- Advance tickets: you can apply for a full refund, free of charge. Alternatively, you can change your ticket to travel at a later date, free of charge.
- Customers can apply for refunds up to four weeks from the last day that the ticket was valid.
- Advance tickets booked before 24 November or for travel before or after 23-27 December are only refundable if disruption to your booked journey means you cannot travel.
Refund policy varies according to the ticket type you have and when you purchased it. Please click on the ticket that applies to you for relevant information.
Arrangements for customers who booked their ticket on or after 24 November to travel between 23-27 December only
Customers can apply for a refund on an unused ticket free of charge. Alternatively, you can change your ticket to travel at a later date, free of charge.
Tickets booked from 7 September
A full refund will be given for unused tickets submitted for refund before they become valid for travel, no admin fee will be charged.
In all other cases, a full refund, less a £10 admin fee, will apply if the ticket is submitted from the first date of validity, up to 28 days after the ticket expires.
Tickets booked before 7 September
A full refund will apply to all unused tickets bought and no admin fees will be charged. The refund must be applied for within 56 days of the ticket expiring.
It is not possible to pause and restart your season ticket. If you are not going to be using your car park season ticket for some time, you should follow the refund process.
Tickets received for refund up to 23:59 on 6 September can be backdated no more than 56 days as long as they have not been used in the 56 day period.
Applying for a ticket refund
If you require a refund including Rail Travel Vouchers for Advance tickets, please complete the application form at the bottom of this page. For information about Railcards, please go to https://www.railcard.co.uk/
If you purchased your ticket from: