Highlights from the new timetable
- Two additional fast Portsmouth to Waterloo services* in the morning peak and an additional evening peak service to Guildford / Haslemere.
- Reading to Waterloo passengers will see two additional trains during the morning peak, and there will also be an additional service during the morning peak from Ascot to Reading. There will also be additional Windsor and Hounslow trains in the morning peak period towards London.
- The Waterloo to Farnham (via Ascot) route will see two additional services, while one additional Waterloo to Windsor, and two Reading to Ascot services will also be added, all during the evening peak.
- New half-hourly service between Farnham and Guildford.
- Extra later evening services from Waterloo to Salisbury and Waterloo to Portsmouth.
- On Sundays, there will be a new Salisbury to Reading (via Basingstoke) service.
- Extra weekday and weekend services from Yeovil to Waterloo calling at Castle Cary, Bruton and Frome.
- Godalming will benefit as all fast Portsmouth/Waterloo services will call at the station (doubling the number of services).
Other improvements to the timetable include some evening suburban service changes with an additional Waterloo to Chessington South and Chessington South to Wimbledon service.
The summer Saturday Weymouth service on the Salisbury to Yeovil route will be extended to cover the full timetable period.
Detailed summaries for each route